Jan 15, 2009

Seventh Post Ever!!

Yesterday is so exciting! I decided Best Day Ever! But it's just so darn cold...

Best thing about yesterday is the covers. Momma asks Maggie and me what we want to do yesterday morning, and we say "Outside!" So we go outside, but then we decide we are WRONG. It is so cold! Momma says I am a "cold-weather dog," but I don't believe her. Even Maggie doesn't want to stay, and she loves sitting outside. I guess it's too cold too waste time pretending something's interesting. Puppehs lose noses like that... they freeze and just fall right off.

Anyway, we go outside and decide inside is better. Momma asks us what do we want to do now? We say "Play!" Momma walks back to her bed instead and lays down. It's okay, though, because Maggie and I can play in the dark. So we play in the dark. Playing in the dark is okay, but Maggie is bigger than me and I don't see her coming because it's dark, so she pretty much lands on me whenever she jumps. So I lose. Then I lose again. I lose a couple more times before I decide to sneak under the bed so she can't jump on me any more. That works pretty well. After she misses me a few times, she gives up and goes to have breakfast.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting under the bed with nothing to do. When I notice Maggie isn't trying to attack any more, I make a break for above the bed where I know Momma is laying alone. When Momma is alone and sleepy early in the morning, she is very, very cuddly. I sneak in next to her and lay right against her side, and she lets me stay. Then she wraps her arm around my butt and pets me with her other hand. So one hand is cupping my butt fur and the other hand is petting my chest fur. It's a pretty good deal, but I figure I can get something else because she's pretty sleepy, but awake enough after feeling the cold that she won't go to sleep right away and decide to shun all puppehs.

I snuggle in really close and I move around and put my head on her pillow, to see if I can get away with it. Get this: She lets me! So I scoot my face close to hers and slide my nose half under her covers. This is really cuddly and warm. I guess Momma gets my hint because she lets me crawl under covers with her and snuggle where it's super-warm.

Unfortunately by this time Maggie is done eating and decides to be a buttface. She says to herself, Hmm... how can I be most buttfacey right now? I know! I'll find Lexi and spoil her fun! She does, too. Maggie comes up on the bed and lays next to Momma, and since Momma gives us everything equal and doesn't play favorites, she lets Maggie get under covers, too! Then Maggie starts stratching at Momma for attention. All that butt-cupping and chest petting? It ends so Buttface Maggie can have a stupid fair turn! A lot of times I wish Momma would play favorites because I'm sure she'd choose me because I'm best. I wouldn't have a blog if I wasn't best, right?

I guess I could tell you that eventually Maggie gets bored or hot or annoyed or something because she walks off to lay on the floor, but then you wouldn't have all sorts of sympathy for that cutie-little Lexi-puppy because her mean old big sister took away her perfect spot and warm attentions. So I won't tell you that part. I'll just tell you that I'm really sadz because Maggie was a buttface and Momma loves us equal even though I deserve more and don't you want to give me food and love and attention to make me feel better? Look how cute I am!

The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment